1) The Village - 3 out of 5 stars. A haunting tale with a twist that you wouldn't expect at the end.
2) Coraline - 3 out of 5 stars. A little girl finds out just how much her family really means to her.
3) Over the Garden Wall - 2 out of 5 stars. A unique metaphorical story about finding a way home.
4) Sleepy Hollow - 5 out of 5 stars. A classic legend filled equally with quirkiness and terror.
5) The Corpse Bride - 1 out of 5 stars. A funny family film about a dead bride's tragedy.
6) Ghost Hunt - 5 out of 5 stars. A chilling anime about ghosts that will surely give you nightmares.
7) Spirited Away - 3 out of 5 stars. An adventure about what can be found at the end of a tunnel.
8) Edward Scissorhands - 2 out of 5 stars. A creature that is born to stand out tries to conform.
9) Haibane Renmei - 3 out of 5 stars. A mysterious story about life after death for the sin-bound.
10) The Brothers Grimm - 4 out of 5 stars. An exciting take on the Grimm Brothers' personal story.
I know I was extremely vague on the descriptions, but all of these are worth watching for yourself if you have not seen them already. Most of these can be watched on Hulu or Netflix or Amazon Prime, but others you would have to buy. Notice I don't have any new movies. That's ok. These are just my favorite fall classics that I just HAVE to watch. On another note, if you want a movie that is sad enough to make you sniffle and use up several tissues, go on to Netflix and watch "Ode to My Father." It is a Korean movie that Brandon's mom made us watch and I am so glad we did! It is a perfect date night movie. No scratch that. It is perfect if you watch it by yourself as you are wallowing in self-pity about first-world problems.
Do you have any fall favorites that you can't live without watching? Leave them in the comments! I would love to hear it. xoxox
~Sincerely, Ashleigh Son