Friday, September 5, 2014

My Birthday and Detoxing

Hello everyone!  This past weekend was my 26th birthday.  Brandon made sure it was a very special occasion. :-)  I took the day off from work, since I haven't done that in about 3 years.  Brandon got me a salad spinner, which I have REALLY been wanting pretty much since the day we got married.  He also got me a Clarisonic Mia 2 skin brush - which I have only been using for a week but I am SO ADDICTED to it.  My skin feels much smoother and everything.  He also got me an H&M gift card seeing as that is my favorite store ever.

The salad spinner and Clarisonic!  Pretty pink one too!  What makes this so romantic is that I mentioned one time over a year ago as we walked past a Clarisonic stand in the mall that I would love to have a Clarisonic some day, and will get around to it eventually (aka I would never buy it for myself because I have other more important/pressing things to purchase) and he remembered it after all this time.  I was so surprised.  You should have seen the look on my face.

On top of that, Brandon's mom got me this BEAUTIFUL jade bracelet with matching earrings.  Jade has got to be one of my top three favorites when it comes to jewelry.  It is so beautiful and can come in many different colors.

I also got a surprise gift in the mail from one of my best friends in the universe, DeeDee!  She got me these beautiful earrings!  They are so adorable.

Then, Brandon took me to Snoqualmie Falls for a hike.  It was so beautiful, and the weather was perfect.

I am really immature, but this sign made me laugh on the trail.

This was the bottom of the falls.  Such a lovely view.

Me and my love! <3


We also played in the river next to Snoqualmie Falls.  Brandon climbed on the biggest rock there! Can we talk about how buff he looks?  Just saying...

I took this picture myself... haha.  I was enjoying the river scenery so much, especially the tall trees in the background.

Sadly, Brandon and I got sick over my birthday weekend, but we did end up going to Seattle and picked up some Kobe beef and some delightful lamb for some hot pot.  It soothed our sickness a bit.  

Also, Brandon made me a homemade ice cream cake.  Here is me making a birthday wish...

A closeup of the cake.  It was homemade chocolate cake, with an Oreo crust, vanilla ice cream, homemade frosting on top, with peanut butter mini Oreos crushed on top.  DELISH!

Which brings me to a confession.  I probably got sick because of how much unhealthy food I devoured over the past while.  Seriously, I had a whole bag of cracked pepper Pop Chips all to myself, then even ate some South African seasoned chips too!  Goodness..... I have felt dreadful, so now I am attempting to detox and eat good quality things and get back on track.

My healthy meal today, which was delicious, by the way.  Romaine, Cabbage, and Spinach Salad with apple on top and Bolthouse Ranch and to drink, Guava Kombucha and a glass of cold water. YUMMY!

Well...that's just about it for my blog post.  But WAIT!  Something important I forgot....

What would my blog post be without Nabi the cat looking angry somewhere in it? HA!  Totally a crazy cat lady here.  I love this kitty.  No matter how annoyed he gets with me....

Love you guys!  Hope you enjoyed my little post! xoxox

~Sincerely, Ashleigh Son

4 comments:

  1. Love your blog! Belated Birthday wishes too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had hot pot for the first time ever last night. It was SO good. I'm glad that you got spoiled on your birthday!...wait...if it's your birthday, that means mine is coming up...woah...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's so good right? I know, your birthday is creeping right up dear. We should Skype for the occasion, if you have time.

      Delete