Sunday, March 30, 2014

2 Year Anniversary

Tomorrow marks the 2 year anniversary of when....I married the best person in the universe.  I wish we had a nice posed picture to mark the occasion, but believe it or not, I couldn't find one anywhere.  ^__^ 

We had a tiny wedding, with only our parents, grandmothers, and Brandon's brother attending in the tiniest church in America in Elbe, Washington.  A year later we were sealed for time and all eternity in the Mt. Timpanogos temple.  

If you ever visit the little Elbe Church, maybe you will see our brick in their path!

Our love story is unlike any other.  I will try not to get too carried away with many details since it is a really long story, but I do have to say Brandon Son is the best thing that ever happened to me.  Marrying him was the best choice of my life.  There is no one more kind, supportive, understanding, and caring.  I love him so much.  Every effort we spent on each other and every mile we travelled to see each other during our dating days was well worth the investment.  

The past two years have been a real change for us as we have both attended full time school and full time work.  It is wonderful to be able to grow with someone the way we have been able to.  Life is not all fun and games, especially with how stressful work and school can get, but I am glad that Brandon has been there for me and I have had the privilege of being there for him.  He is always doing little things for me that really make my life easier and makes me smile and laugh every single day.

Brandon is a really special guy.  He is unlike anyone I have ever met in my life.  The way he treats his mother and grandmother just shows what a good person he is.  I saw this from the very beginning.  I knew before I met him that I wanted to be with someone just like him.  

Prior to meeting him, I was going through an absolutely horrific moment in my life where I had been wronged in every way.  I was a very miserable person and didn't think I could ever marry someone let alone be happy.  I took the advice of a good family friend and massage therapist, Cecilia, who had gone through a similar situation as me. She told me that I deserved to be happy and to marry and I should expect that for my life. She suggested that I make a list of traits that I wanted in my future marriage partner and pray for those exact things.  She had done the same and found the love of her life many years ago.  I didn't know if it would work for me, but decided to give it a try, since she and her husband are one of the most awesome couples I know. I got super specific and wrote down every trait I wished for, and even drew a picture of this dream person. When I met Brandon he looked almost exactly like the picture I drew.  I fell in love with him almost instantly after getting to know him.   Not only did his looks match my ideal wishes, but his personality was more than I could ever ask for.  This story sounds a little bit like a fairy tale, but honestly it is true. Little did Cecilia know the profound effect her advice and personal story had on me that day. <<<----Thank you Cecilia.  Anyway, I said I wouldn't get carried away with details but I already have.  I am so glad that I ended up being blessed beyond measure and was able to cross paths with Brandon.  I would never have it any other way.

xoxox

Sincerely, Ashleigh Son

No comments:

Post a Comment