Saturday, February 22, 2014

Health and Sanity Status

Well..... I have got here for you yet another picture of a snack I have been enjoying on almost a daily basis.....

Step one: Take a large collard green leaf and top it with chopped romaine lettuce, mini sugar plum tomato halves, diced cucumber, and a couple of chopped baby bell peppers.  Drizzle Italian dressing on top.  I prefer this Bolthouse Farms brand, and haven't found one I like better.


Step two: Wrap your collard green leaf around all the delicious healthy fillings, like a burrito!


Step three: Enjoy the deliciousness!  So fast and easy, and definitely healthy.


While you are at it, make up a jug of cold water with lemon slices, cucumber slices, and mint leaves.


Ok.... confession time.  School is frustrating me so bad at the moment.  I have this one class that is impossible to get perfect grades in no matter how hard I try.  I know, I know, I don't have to push for perfection, but I do work very hard and when my labors do not reap a reward I expect I get so angry.  Last night was the last straw for me as I did a very difficult assignment that really had nothing to do with anything useful.  It took me about four hours to complete something that was supposed to take maybe up to half an hour because it was not explained how we were to get this assignment done in class.  Just hours of endless Google searching with no useful results.  I had a full on freak out session and burst out crying hysterically and Brandon was trying to calm me down to no avail.  I had the fury of the devil in me, and wanted to snap my laptop in half with my bare hands and then throw it out the window and then kick someone's butt.  I resolved that I would never go to class again and quit school.  No, not really.  I just said that because I was so mad at the lack of direction in my class and for how hard I have had to work for such pathetic results.  Finally I settled down in bed and cried for an hour before calming down enough to take up my assignment again.

I think the reason why I felt this way is because I literally do homework from first thing in the morning until I have to make myself go to bed at night because it is so late and my brain can't function anymore. On top of that I maintain quality full-time work at my current job.  I have taken on a load that is far too heavy for me this quarter, and I never could have foreseen this unfortunate fact when I signed up for the class.  THANKFULLY I only have 3 (or is it 4) weeks of the quarter left.  I can do this.  Yes, I am giving myself a pep talk on my blog.  :-) Anyway, vent session over.  Hopefully I won't have another freakout session any time soon.

On the bright side, I have been taking care of my health and exercising even though I did not think it was possible to fit that into my schedule.  I could make excuses and neglect these things to try to make more room for schoolwork, but at the same time I feel that my brain functions better when I am in optimal health.  And therefore I do better in school.

This post ended up being a little bit more rambly than expected.  Hope you at least enjoyed my healthy snack pictures, or could maybe relate to my psychotic school-brain breakdown.  ;-) xoxox

~Sincerely, Ashleigh Son

2 comments:

  1. Dont worry i had a break dow myself this week so know all about how you felt i think mine was worse though anyway hope you are well Ashleigh chat soon hopefully

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rene, Miss you! I hope we will chat soon too. Hope you are doing well. I am feeling a lot better today, although my mood was hardly improved this morning and I lost my cool again, for a very stupid reason. It's hard to stay levelheaded when I have such a short fuze these days. xoxox!

      Delete