Monday, November 25, 2013

So, We Went to California

Hi guys!  It has been a while since I have blogged.  Not surprised seeing as I feel so dead all the time these days from school.  But enough about that.  I have a bunch of photos today!  Brandon and I went to California to visit some family.

Day 1:

We didn't think we would have so much fun on the first day we arrived, but Brandon's cousin Jennifer spoiled us rotten and took us to the best sushi place HANDS DOWN I have ever had in my life.  I don't think I can ever eat other sushi again without a pit of sadness in my stomach for the loss of not having this restaurant readily available to me.  The place was called Sushi Gen, in LA.  The chefs were super nice, but be careful not to eat too much!  It adds up very quickly. The coolest part was that the menu had Hirigana and Katakana, so I ordered in Japanese.  THANK YOU JAPANESE CLASS!  Did I mention Jennifer is the best?  That was my first time meeting her, but she was so gracious to us, and was a really fun person to talk to and is drop dead gorgeous.  We drove around Korea-town a bit as well.  Actually we did lots of stuff but my memory is kind of failing me.  *SIGH* This is why it is best to blog the day after something happens....

The sushi chefs at Sushi Gen.  THEY ARE AMAZING.

One of the MANY delicious sushi pieces we ordered (this one was plain tuna).  Do not be fooled by the simplicity.  It is the absolute best.


Day 2:

First, we went to brunch at a Korean restaurant with Brandon's dad and his cute grandmother.  Then, we went to DISNEYLAND!!!

Seriously, this place makes me so happy!  I love the attention to detail even in their gardens.

They already had Christmas stuff up, which is something I am usually opposed to before Thanksgiving, but Disneyland can definitely pull it off.

We went to the Mad Hatter as our first stop and bought hats.  Here is a cute shot of Brandon wearing his.

And this is how I dressed (sorry for how blurry it is).  The weather was perfect for it.  Notice I match Minnie Mouse.  Ears and all.  

Brandon humored me and rode the Winnie the Pooh ride, but look how cramped his legs were in the seat!  It was hilarious.

The teacup ride!  How I love Alice in Wonderland, so this is one of my favorites.

We actually took tons more pictures but they all came out blurry on account of me not being able to use our fancy camera properly.  UGH!  Brandon's cousin, Benjamin, fixed the issue for us the next day.  Sadly, we didn't stay for fireworks because we had been walking around for six hours and got too tired.  However, we did polish off a large turkey leg, churro, chili lime corn-on-the-cob, and a hot cocoa.  :-) I just wish we could have had more time so we could have done more.

After Disneyland, we had a dinner and dessert date with Benjamin and his super cute girlfriend, Amber.  We were so extremely tired at this point, but had a lot of fun with them.

Day 3:

We started out our day meeting our friend, Esther at this Bruxie place.  Apparently, this chain is everywhere in California.  It was my first time going there.  I had a tuna waffle sandwich.

That day we kind of took it easy and relaxed.  We also went to this amazing Italian restaurant, Pizzeria Mozza.  OH MAN!  Again, another restaurant recommended by Jennifer.  That girl has great taste in food.  I recommend their Margherita pizza.

Oh, did I mention Benjamin let us drive his Corvette the entire trip.  It was so nice of him.  Gosh, we have the COOLEST COUSINS EVER!

Day 4:

 We went to Huntington Beach first thing in the morning.  Notice the Panda and Lion shirt!!!

We ended up having breakfast at a quaint place nearby, and then renting bikes and riding along the beach.  It was WONDERFUL and I am so sad we don't get to do that regularly.

We also walked along the pier and saw this Pelican!!  At least, I think it is a pelican.  It was fearless and didn't fly away even with tons of people surrounding it to take a photo.

In my opinion, it was too cool outside to go surfing, but it was fun to watch other people doing it.

Benjamin was being a friend to all the birds on the beach that day.  It was hilarious.  They were all a bit wary of him.

Cheese alert!!! I can never go to the beach without writing "I <3 Brandon" in the sand.  And here is Brandon making us all laugh.  He is so cute and hilarious!

He wrote one for me too.  We are so cheesy, my goodness!

That night we went and had Korean barbecue with Benjamin and Jennifer's parents.  The meats were phenomenal!  

It was Kang HoDong's restaurant!  So I made Brandon take a picture in front of the cardboard cutout.  

Day 5:

We had to leave early in the morning to head home.  We were sad, but it was nice to have a day off from work. :-)

Well... I am now super tired after blogging all of this.  Hope you all enjoyed it.  xoxox

~Sincerely, Ashleigh Son

4 comments:

  1. Ashleigh! Loved it! Your Minnie mouse dress is so cute. Also, I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you too Kaelyn. Yeah seriously that Minnie Mouse dress was so fun! And everyone seemed to love it. Especially little toddlers! HAHA.

      Delete
  2. That sushi looks AMAZING!!! Now, I'm craving sushi! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was DIVINE! Now when we get sushi here in Washington I am a tad bit disappointed because I have now tried the real deal. ><

      Delete