Sunday, September 15, 2013

End of Summer

I am sad, because I have only one week until school starts again.  I become a complete zombie during school, even ask Brandon.  Before that happens, I better post all the summer photos I missed showing you guys.

First off, since I am a Young Women's leader at church, I had the opportunity of driving up to Camp Zarahemla for an evening at Girl's Camp.  Oh, the fond memories of being a teenager came rushing back to me.  Believe me I had some BLACKMAIL photos of the girls (and Bishop!!), but out of the kindness of my heart I will not post them.  Instead, here are some beautiful things about girl's camp that I will fondly remember.

 Washington is so GORGEOUS!!! It was like a sea of endless trees on the way to Camp Zarahemla.

 When we got there, I marveled at the fresh air and all the tall trees surrounding the camp.

 They had a really nice facility up there for the girls, complete with cabins for individual groups of girls!

 I thought this was so cute, next to a huge table where lots of crafts could be created by the girls.

 Did I mention the campsite was next to a GORGEOUS lake?

I am crazy about this kind of scenery.

Then... there were a few birthday photos I missed posting.

 Brandon got me this ADORABLE Hello Kitty Lion T-Shirt.  It says "Hear Me Roar," on the back. LOL.

 Brandon designed this Panda and Lion T-Shirt.  He really does have a creative streak, doesn't he?

 Here is that giant balloon I was telling you about.  By the way, it has been over two weeks and it is still floating. :-)

My cake, card, flowers, and gifts!  Unfortunately when I took close-up pictures of all these my camera was freaking out and everything turned out blurry.  What a bummer!

I also have a few other RANDOM photos:

 A long time ago, Brandon gave me these roses in a little pot.  Then one day they disappeared.  They had been wilting, so I thought they were thrown away.  Imagine my surprise when I discovered that my mother-in-law planted them in the garden so we could enjoy them for a long time.  So sweet of her!

 She also planted this cute little vegetable garden in our side yard.  Currently we are enjoying as many fresh cucumbers as we want!

 I arranged all my Sanrio stuffed animals on our windowsill.  Also, I have successfully collected 50 Enid Blyton books.   I have since arranged those books neatly onto the bookshelf so my desk isn't cluttered.

 Yesterday, Brandon surprised me with french toast made from sourdough bread.  It was really tasty!  Look, he even added mint leaves on top just to make it look prettier.

 Another shot of the french toast, with Brandon's homemade honey-banana sauce.  It was sweet and delightful.

See those cushions on the couch?  I sewed the pillowcases.  Online, these very pillowcases cost anywhere from $20-$60, not including shipping.  So I skillfully found the fabric online and sewed them myself.  It only costed about $9 per pillow, INCLUDING shipping.

Last, but not least, Nabi's favorite spot these days seems to be on the windowsill in our bathroom.  He is such a funny cat!

Hope you enjoyed my little photo update.  In other news....

1) I am attempting to make homemade almond milk.  Just for fun.
2) I am re-watching Smallville.  I love that show.
3) Brandon and I got new glasses!  I will have to show you pictures of those soon.

Other than that, there is not too much else I can think of.  Talk to you later! xoxox

~Sincerely, Ashleigh Son

2 comments:

  1. Yay for summer! Go kick butt at school, you'll do great.

    ReplyDelete