Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Enid

Today I watched the BBC movie "Enid," on youtube.  Naturally, the video quality was a little bit grainy, but I took some screenshots to show you guys how CUTE the clothes were.  It was the perfect amount of vintage flair but simple enough that it wasn't overdoing it.  As for the movie itself, it is the life story of my favorite children's author, Enid Blyton.  I had no idea her life was so sad.

*IMPORTANT!!! SPOILER ALERT*

Her dad left her when she was young, and she had a very strained relationship with her mother.  She soon had nothing to do with the rest of her family and instead pursued her dreams of being a writer.  She didn't seem to know much about her own two daughters despite being the queen of children's literature.  Saddest of all was her lovely marriage that turned sour from the war and infidelity, and although she did end up with someone that really loved her after that, she could not be honest with him and also lost a child due to carelessness.  Lastly, she suffered from dementia.

*END OF SPOILER*

I don't know how much of the movie was dramatized or fictionalized, but it did seem like a realistic story to me.

ALRIGHT, so now on to the pictures.  I was all over the clothes of all the girls and women of this film.  Did I mention that Helena Bonham Carter played Enid?  She is absolutely brilliant and one of my favorite actresses. By the way, sorry the picture quality is not the best.  I can only ask so much from youtube.

 I want to make a dress like this red one.  

 I love sunshine yellow, especially this particular shade.

 A cardigan with a pretty dress is my favorite combo.

 And how about that ruffly dress on the right. *sigh* Perfect!

 This was a really sad scene but the dresses looked cute.  I like the contrasting buttons and details.

 This little girl was adorable.  So was the pink dress and yellow cardigan.  It reminds me of lemonade.

 This polka-dot dress is whimsical and interesting, just like Enid.

 DRESSESSS!!!

 She wore several floral shirts in the movie.  One time with a pearl necklace, and it was awesome.

The collar on this dress is interesting and the fabric is gorgeous.

Alright, sorry to cut it short, but I have to go to bed now. Talk to you later. xoxox

~Sincerely, Ashleigh Son

No comments:

Post a Comment