Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A Small Photodump

You know how I promised to put up pictures of Mt. Rainier the other day and then forgot?  Bad Ashleigh.  Ha.  So I just decided to upload a bunch of photos I have missed.

BUT FIRST..... I have to gush about my date this past weekend with Brandon.  It was so much fun.  We went to the mall arcade and played this "Initial D" driving game and I surprisingly got so hooked on it.  I kept asking Brandon for more quarters to put in the machine so I could keep playing.  Then Brandon attempted to (unsuccessfully) get a giant stuffed Despicable Me 2 creature.  Haha.  It was one of those claw machines, only GIANT.  Unfortunately I think the stuffed animals are all too big and heavy for that huge claw.  Later, we saw Despicable Me 2 and laughed so hard.  It was incredibly cute, just like the first one.  While we were at the theater I overdosed on Pizzalicious Pringles (I could have sworn they were not that salty when I was a kid) and also had too many Mike&Ike candies. My tongue felt disgusting with my taste buds burning from too much unhealthy seasonings and sugars.  Sometimes doing kid activities are the best kinds of dates, don't you think?

Now.... for my pictures lately....


 This is my first sewing project on my new sewing machine!  The little heart in the middle!  Oh, and yes Lion LOVES Panda.

 I sewed this heart and filled it with rice, so in the winter I can pop it in the microwave and use it as a handwarmer, or in the summer I can pop it in the freezer to cool me off. 

 My new sewing desk.  We got it at Ikea.  The lovely sewing machine is a present from my mom.  I already have my fabric ready to make some pretty new dresses.

 Now, on to the Mt. Rainier pictures... we hiked to see Narada Falls.  It was such an easy hike that even someone who hates the outdoors and walking could do it.

 A top view of the waterfall.

 This was another random waterfall that we have seen before.  Believe me, there are many beautiful waterfalls to check out at Mt. Rainier.

 A seriously gorgeous view of the mountain.  Did I mention the weather was perfect with the most crisp air?

 Here is the hiking path.  There were tons of people, from super old to toddlers hiking this thing.

 Here was the waterfall at the end of our little hike.  SO beautiful.

 On Sunday... we felt like barbecuing and eating salad.  I made the salad.  You can't tell from the picture, but it has romaine lettuce, mixed greens, nectarines, blueberries, plums, kiwis, sprouts, and grapes with this lovely healthy Italian Dressing (Bolthouse Farms!  I love that brand!).  The only thing that would have made it more delicious is red cabbage.  Brandon said it was the nicest salad he has ever had.  What a sweetie!

 Don't worry, we didn't eat all of it in one shot.  Brandon cooked up a bunch of meat for the week.  He is just organized like that.  GOSH he is such a good cook too.  Everything was delicious.
Chicken sausages (probably the only kind of sausage I can bear to eat), hamburgers, and various steak. Also, this rosemary bread is KILLER!  And only has a few ingredients.  I could eat a whole loaf of it to myself in one day, no joke.

Hope you enjoyed my random photos.  It's always fun to post them.  Oh man... I must say, school is creeping up on me faster and faster.  It is almost time and I am not too excited about it.  Well, talk to you soon! xoxox

~Sincerely, Ashleigh Son

No comments:

Post a Comment