Thursday, June 6, 2013

Starting from the Ground Up

As many of you know, I have a huge thing for vintage-inspired fashion.  However, I try not to be too much of a shopaholic because I have so many other priorities these days.  I make it a rule to not buy anything unless I adore it to pieces.  I titled this post "Starting from the Ground Up," because I think one of the first and most important pieces of clothing for any look are the shoes (Get it?  Because they are on the ground.  HA HA!  Ok not funny....*slinks away, rejected*).  I am not one of those women who has a closet full of shoes, and nor will I ever be.  But with the whole vintage-inspired theme, I really wanted to get some classic shoes that will give me that image, be fashionable, and match with practically everything.  I have been loving the look of low-heeled Mary Jane shoes.  They are comfortable and practical for work and definitely give a certain level of lady-like charm.  I searched far and wide for the perfect pair of Mary Janes.  Here are a few of my favorites.

These ones are dainty and pretty, and would match with anything.  They cost $67.46 here.

These ones are very practical but don't look too clunky.  They cost $34.99 here.

I love the neutral color as well as the pretty cut-out of these ones!  They cost $79.99 here.

Did I mention that I have other obligations besides buying shoes these days?  Although the above options were very cute and pretty, I decided to buy these lovely shoes (below) on account of being super inexpensive compared to the others I found:

One in black....

And one in a neutral dark tan.

What really got me was the price.  I ended up paying $41.01 for BOTH of them combined, with free shipping and an awesome discount thanks to good ole retailmenot.  The heel is only 2.5 inches, so definitely the perfect height (To think in high school I was silly enough to wear 6-inch heels sometimes.  EW!)  They had absolute rave reviews, all 5-star!  Everyone said how comfortable they are.  I hope they are a good fit, and I will let you know how that goes.  By the way, I bought them here.  Gracious! Aren't they darling?  I never think of going to Payless generally, since most of their shoes tend to be of a very trendy nature (I like to buy things I will wear forever, not just something that is fashionable for one season).  But I was pleasantly surprised to find these.  I love everything about them down to the round buckle.

Anyway, as for life lately.... I am not gonna lie, things have been waaay too stressful from school because I am the most OCD person alive and hate putting forth tons of effort to receive a B grade or lower UGH!!!! Even an A- makes me squirm a bit.  LOL!  Please wish me luck.  

On the other hand, I am so grateful at this time (and always) to have Brandon in my life.  He makes even the most stressful times nice, since he is the BEST to be around.  He constantly spoils me by doing little things I love, and bringing me snacks, and just being an all-around sweetie.  He is a little swamped with school too, but always sets aside small moments in the day to make sure I am happy.

Oh man...my other saving grace has been reading the "Little House" books.  I love Laura Ingalls Wilder.  She is such a captivating author.  Yes, I am aware that "Little House" books are directed at children, but I am every bit as much enjoying her books as a child would. :-)

One more thing... I have discovered that in times of stress I have certain vices:

1) Chocolate!!! Dark Lindt chocolate.  I like the Intense Mint, Black Currant, Intense Orange, and Passion Fruit flavors the best.

2) RJ's raspberry licorice.  UGH!! This stuff KILLS me.  I could eat a pound of it every day.

3) Zevia soda.  In any flavor, but I especially like the ones with caffeine while I am studying.

Hehe... alright it looks like I have gone off and rambled yet again.  LOVE YOU GUYS!  I miss my non-zombie days of blogging whenever I feel like it.  Only a week or two more before I will have my time back to myself.  xoxox

~Sincerely, Ashleigh Son

4 comments:

  1. LOVE this, so funny Dee Dee has a closet full of shoes hee hee. I love the style of the ones you picked very classy, like you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming from one of the classiest girls I know ;-) Yeah it's funny how DeeDee is a shoe person and I am like, the opposite.

      Delete
  2. Those third ones ARE GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete