Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Lately....

 A random eBay picture I stole of vintage Enid Blyton books...

Lately it has been a relief to have time to myself.  I might have even gone overboard with how lazy I have been.  I watched the entire 20 episode season of "When a Man Loves a Woman."  Go watch it.  Right now.  It was SO good.  (The end did have some loose ends that weren't really resolved, like...what happens to the guy that doesn't end up with the main girl????) Brandon's mom even watched the entire thing before I did.  She stayed up until 2 a.m. until the whole thing was finished.  HA!  The women in our household are crazy about KDramas, including Brandon's grandma.  :-)

Next on my rambling list....I have been thinking a lot about books lately.  Specifically, childhood books that I used to enjoy.  Enid Blyton, Laura Ingalls Wilder, Dr. Seuss, Roald Dahl, Lucy Maud Montgomery.  ALL OF IT.  I want to have more books.  I was looking online for Enid Blyton books and I felt all nostalgic looking at the same books that my mom let us read that she collected from her childhood.  Unfortunately, to get a vintage Enid Blyton children's book costs about $50.00, maybe even higher.  UGH.  And no they are not in pristine condition either.  But the artwork and covers are  so cute on the old editions compared to the new and revised editions.  Not to mention a lot of the wording, characters, and names have been changed on the new editions to appear more politically correct, so the new versions are not quite what I remember reading before.  I am not opposed to making sure that books are not racist, and other precautions such as this while editing, but they have eliminated some of the best characters just to not outrage some people.  Sick minded individuals have to ruin everything.  For instance, they also had to change the name of one of the characters from "Dick" to "Rick." Oh COME ON!!! I know tons of elderly patients from work who are named Dick.  Get over it!  It saddens me to see that many of my favorite old stories are out of print now.  WHYYYYY???

At this time, poor Brandon has been swamped with school.  We have been taking walks on our favorite little hiking path/trail by our house.  It has been helping us to relax and unwind.  I am not looking forward to fall semester when I have to be in school again, but I am happy to say that I got all A's!!!! Well, I got one A-.  But that is not the end of the world.

OH!!! We are going to Utah this weekend.  Pictures to come.

Last, but not least, I have bought some new clothes online and I can't wait for them to come in the mail.  I generally do not go shopping too much, but I was starting to feel a need for some nice shirts since I usually just lounge around in Hello Kitty T-shirts and the rest of my clothes are just gray and black, and that is no fun.

Have I been rambly enough? hehe.  If not, check out my latest blog crushes on my side bar.  They are excellent!  Just beware that you might be scrolling and reading for quite some time, they are all so addictive.  I am so jealous of a couple of them, since their blogs are so cute and perfect, and mine is...well... definitely not professional by any means.  Hope you enjoy yourself! xoxox

~Sincerely, Ashleigh Son

No comments:

Post a Comment