Thursday, May 2, 2013

Panda's Current Craving

Oh...*sigh* my poor neglected blog.  I am sorry for the grueling hours of work.  I feel so bad.  Today I just wanted to share with you a little recipe for meatloaf that Brandon has been begging me to make lately.  It is his favorite.  I researched online to find this recipe but tweaked it to perfection, so it is something I can call my own.  Also, I feel the need to mention that I am absolutely not a meatloaf person at all but I LOVE this meatloaf.  Ready? OK!

***The Most Perfect Meatloaf***

Ingredients:

1 tsp butter
1/2 small onion, cut into tiny pieces
1 clove garlic, minced
A dash of cracked black pepper
A dash of turmeric
1.3-1.5 pounds of organic ground beef
2 slices of Ezekiel sprouted bread, toasted and crumbled
4 whole wheat Ritz crackers, crumbled
1 lightly beaten egg
2 heaping tablespoons of greek yogurt
1/2 Tablespoon low sodium Worcestershire sauce
1/4 jar tomato-based pasta sauce (I use Trader Joe's Three Cheese Pasta Sauce) (About 7 ounces)
A generous dash of white pepper - ONLY IF YOU LIKE SPICY FOOD
A generous dash of cayenne (red) pepper - ONLY IF YOU LIKE SPICY FOOD
3 T ablespoons Ketchup
2 Tablespoons Sriracha sauce
1 Tablespoon Cholula sauce
1/2 tsp. honey

Instructions:

1) Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees F.

2) Heat a small frying pan, and start melting the butter.  Fry up the onions and garlic until the unions start to become transparent.  Turn off stove and mix in the cracked black pepper and turmeric.  Transfer to a mixing bowl.

3) Add to the onion mixture in te mixing bowl the ground beef, crumbled bread, crumbled Ritz crackers, lightly beaten egg, yogurt, Worcestershire sauce, and the pasta sauce.  If you like your meatloaf spicy, add the white and cayenne pepper to the mixing bowl as well.  With a disposable glove, mix all the ingredients together until blended together fairly evenly.  If you live in a dry climate, you can add a Tablespoon or two of milk.  But me and Brandon don't so I skipped that step.  Your mixture should look nice and moist but definitely not soggy.

4) Line a 9x5 bread pan with tin foil so you will not have to deal with a messy pan to clean up later.  Fill the bread pan evenly with the meatloaf mixture that you have just made.

5) Bake the meatloaf for 40 minutes at 350 Degrees F.  Then, raise the oven temperature to 400 Degrees F and bake for another 15 minutes.

6) While you are waiting for the meatloaf to bake, mix in a very small bowl the ketchup, Sriracha sauce, Cholula sauce, and the honey.  Make sure these sauces are all well-blended, because this is going to be the glaze you put over the meat loaf. 

7) So...the meatloaf is done baking at 400 Degrees F.  You are done with the meatloaf, right?  NO!  You must add the glaze you just made to the top of the meatloaf and pop it right back into the 400 Degree oven for another 10 minutes.  After that is over, you can finally serve the meatloaf.  ENJOY!

Oh man guys..... I hope you try this meatloaf.  It is really good.  Even if you are not really much for meatloaf I guarantee you will love it.  You can serve it with a side of green beans and mashed potatoes, or make a sandwich with it, or eat it with rice.  It is a really versatile food.  And if your husband is not too ravenous you just MIGHT have some leftovers.  Actually.... that probably will not happen. :-)

In other news, I have been obsessed with the tv show "Once Upon A Time."  It is currently on Netflix, and Brandon and I watch it any chance we can get.  Also, I have started making a dress inspired by my most ridiculous obsession with the KDrama "Love Rain."  I hope it turns out pretty, because I did not use a pattern or anything.  I just drafted it by hand, and am crossing my fingers that it will fit right.  So far, it looks pretty cute.  I will most likely take pictures when I am done.  Did I mention I have never sewn any article of clothing in my whole life?  Hehe.... this ought to be interesting.  Oh... and yeah, I guess that making my dress has kinda made me neglect my blog on top of the homework.  UGH speaking of which, I have lots of homework to do.  Math....ARGH.  Talk to you later!  Please keep reading my blog.  I will try not to neglect it so much if I can help it.  xoxox

~Sincerely, Ashleigh Son

No comments:

Post a Comment