Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Life Ambitions

I just wanted to say thanks to my friend Lara for inspiring this post today.  I was just thinking a lot about life lately and how I can improve, and then I read Lara's blog and she had written down some of her life ambitions.  Some of them are really cool, some of them are downright amusing, and some are just what everyone deeply wants.  You should check out her list! It made me want to do a list of my own.  To make a wish a goal, it is important to write it down.  So I came up with 25 life ambitions that have been stuck in the back of my mind pretty much forever.  Some of them are related to each other, and some of them are random.  And I swear, Lara, I'm not trying to be a copycat, but some of my goals were pretty similar to yours. ;-) You know I am super into lists lately.  I printed off a detailed version complete with plans on how to complete each ambition and inspiring thoughts and reminders, but I will just give you the bare-bones version so as not to bore you or overshare my oh-so-secretive insecurities. Ha.

Ashleigh's 25 Life Ambitions

1) Be the kind of person my future children could honor.
2) Buy the home we live in and make it BEAUTIFUL.
3) Do not let surroundings or circumstances dictate happiness.
4) Get into shape and take pride in my body.
5) Find the inner-happiness of childhood.
6) Get straight A's in school.
7) Do activities that make me smarter.
8) Work on any self-esteem or self-worth issues.
9) Take up a new hobby.
10) Stay close to each of my family members.
11) In every way, honor God.
12) Learn Korean.  Never stop learning.
13) Never lie or be dishonest in any way.
14) Work toward my college major and minors I have chosen.
15) Earn the respect of children and animals.
16) Write constantly.
17) Have a great and successful marriage.
18) Be the best friend I can be.
19) Stay on top of spirituality.
20) Be a bookworm.  Read lots of different kinds of literature.
21) Improve my health and appearance.
22) Overcome darkness in order to be a light to others.
23) Design clothing.
24) Stay kind always.
25) Forgive my enemies and be civil.

I know, I know... some of these sound similar to my new years resolutions.  I have adopted some of those resolutions because I find them to be important enough to consider them a life ambition.   Also, yes, I am aware that I might not be able to meet every goal on this list, and that life is unexpected sometimes, but I somewhat like to have a plan of what I ought to be doing.  I believe everything that is meant to happen will happen, but I also believe that I have a big say in it as well.  :-) xoxox

~Sincerely, Ashleigh Son

2 comments:

  1. You're a brill person!!. I'm glad you're my Facebook friend, we'll have to chat sometime!. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind comment :-) Yes we must chat sometime :-)

      Delete