Saturday, March 9, 2013

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Saturdays

Earlier today Ashleigh brought to my attention that I have privileges to post on our blog. I thought I would give her a break and do a guest post for her. There is no way I can match the epic proportions of her posts but will definitely give it my best :D.

Monday - Friday

The work week was a bit of a drag as always since we are not morning people and have morning jobs. We both struggle sleeping early and waking up with any energy the next morning. We have made some effort to sleep earlier. Thanks to my sweet love Ashleigh for making the 3-2-1 rule. The rule consists of:

3. Any physical activity/exercise should be done 3 hours before bedtime. Ashleigh likes to exercise later in the evening but afterwards she gets a slight energy spurt. I usually workout first thing after work so it isn't too bad.

2. We must finish eating 2 hours before our bedtime in order to let the food in our bellies digest. This is mainly my problem since I have an appetite at night. Ashleigh likes to eat earlier in the day so it isn't much of an issue for her.

1. We both have the problem of using electronics before bed which isn't the best idea. Whether it be video games, television, computers, etc... It isn't very relaxing. 

Although we haven't been following it perfectly, an effort has been made and we are adjusting to it. 

Earlier in the week Ashleigh and I had a meeting with our Bishop about the Temple. We can't wait! We're so grateful to our Bishop and the members of the Ward who have supported us in many different ways. As Ashleigh mentioned in a previous blog post, we have been experiencing random negative vibes that keep being tossed our way but have taken it as an even greater reason to lean on the gospel. I'm sure more will be thrown our way that is beyond our control but I know that the choices we make in dealing with these matters are what's important. Engulfing ourselves in prayer, obedience to the principles of our faith and continuing to serve others will soften our hearts throughout these trials. I must say, it has without a doubt been revealed to me through my personal experiences that practicing faith as a resolution has eased our burdens. Okay, I think I got carried away there... Anyway, I can see why people blog now. It's very refreshing! Hahaha... @_@

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Saturdays

Random name but for some reason I like it :). Saturdays are always such a pleasure for us since it's the only time we have to dedicate to us having fun or relaxing in each others' company. In the morning Ashleigh totally surprised me by making the room all spiffy and clean. It is greatly appreciated! She's such a sweetie :). 

Then we had some housing business to attend to that went really well. Afterwards we were starving and went to a restaurant my parents recommended called Duke's Chowder House. It is a bit pricey but luckily we had a gift card. Thanks Mom and David! We had a lovely meal of crab caesar salad and awesome burgers. They use natural beef from cows fed on an all grass diet. The buns were local as well (I probably mentioned to Ashleigh a dozen times how delicious they were). We are kind of silly because we go on and on about how delicious the food is that we are eating. It's quite funny since 90% of our conversations at restaurants revolve around the food we are scarfing down. That's when you know you are a food fanatic.

Being completely trapped in food comas, we have been resting at home and are lounging around. We spent a good amount of time talking about random things and youtubing various 90's music out of the blue. I miss the 90's! All the music was so awesome! Anyway, I don't have much else to say other than ASHLEIGH IS THE BEST IN THE UNIVERSE. That is all. Goodnight! Z___________________Z

No comments:

Post a Comment