Sunday, March 17, 2013

St. Patrick's Day and 2 Birthdays

Today was pretty epic for a few reasons. 

First of all, it was St. Patrick's Day.  I wore the only dress I own with green on it (a brown dress with yellow flowers with green leaves) and Brandon wore a VERY cute and snazzy green cardigan I bought him a while ago with a black tie and white shirt.  While he was passing the sacrament I couldn't help but notice one of the ward missionaries was wearing a green tie and a black blazer with a white shirt.   And he is almost as tall as Brandon and has a similar figure.  Oh my.  And he was standing right next to Brandon.  It took everything in me not to burst out laughing since they looked so epic together.... I wished with all my heart that I had my camera on me because I would have unabashedly taken a picture, but I didn't so.... I had to draw it.  Please excuse the fact that Brandon looks cross-eyed and I am no artist when it comes to computer drawings, LOL!!!!


HAHAHAHA!!!! It was too vogue to be true.  I just wish you guys could have seen it in real life, it was THAT good. 

Also, Brandon and I were asked by our bishop to talk to the youth tonight about dating.  It was really easy and fun.  I just love being surrounded by all these young people who are just so good and fun and wonderful.  We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.  Also, we made some new friends (the other couple that was chosen to answer dating questions for the youth).

Annnnd here is some other news.  I have finally lost my "happily married weight," officially.  I am still debating whether or not to post before and after pictures.  For those who have not been around me lately, believe me it is a really big deal.  I had gained about 10-12 extra pounds after I got married, which might not seem like a big deal to some, but for me it really showed up in my face, hips, and butt.  It was really depressing, especially when I had to jump up and down to make my pants zip up.  Hahaha.... Sad but still kinda funny.  Anyway, the thing that has helped me get back to where I want to be is a combination of intermittent fasting (only eating in an 8-10 hour window), exercising 2-3 times a week, drinking about a gallon of water a day, eating a full serving of vegetables at the beginning of every meal, getting enough sleep, and only eating small portions of sweets when I am craving them.   I could get into more details but I don't want to bore you.  Or maybe I will write a whole post about this another time. 

Last, but not least, we have a DOUBLE BIRTHDAY today.  And it is two of my favorite people ever to exist... my lovely younger sisters Kaelyn and Rachel.


Here is Kaelyn, my younger sister who is the mother to the cutest baby ever, Elsie.  Kaelyn and I have been very close our whole lives.  She is only 18 months younger than me.  She is a hundred times more sensible than I am and also has the most gorgeous figure, even after having a child.  I love her so much and have so many memories with her.  We switched schools just for fun when we were growing up and attending different schools.  We have dated together, but never competed with each other over boys.  Everyone thought we were twins for as long as I can remember.  I LOVE YOU SO MUCH Kaelyn!


Then there is Rachel aka LITTLE ME!  I love little Rachel so much, and now she is 12 years old!  I can hardly believe it!  She is so similar to me in many ways and I could spend hours just hanging out with her.  I miss having her around.  

Happy birthday to my beloved sisters!  I have the best family ever.  I am so excited to be going to Utah in 2 weeks for me and Brandon to be sealed, and also to spend quality time with my siblings and parents.  

Seems like today was just another random post, but I just felt that I really need to step it up with the whole blogging thing, so hopefully you don't mind randomness much of the time. ;-) Talk to you soon.  xoxox

~Sincerely, Ashleigh Son

No comments:

Post a Comment