Thursday, March 21, 2013

Spring Is Here!

I have so much to catch up on, just in the past couple of days.  First of all, my parents are in town.  YAY!!!! In just two days Brandon is going through the temple.  I am pretty sure I have announced that a number of times, but I just can't help but count down, you know?  It is a pretty big deal.

Also, yesterday, I went to court to pay for my speeding ticket (and also to make it not be on my record).  I was thrilled that they reduced the fine and I got what I wanted, and they are not going to report it to my insurance company.  Bullet dodged.  Quite honestly, that courtroom was WAAAAY to full for comfort.  Filled with people who got pulled over for speeding.  Most of them on the very hill that I got pulled over on.  Big surprise.  Anyway, I sat next to a girl who was around my age, and we totally hit it off.  I wish I could be good friends with her, because she was totally my type.  It was really fun to talk with her.  We were both just ranting about how lame it was to be pulled over and how nervous we were to talk in front of all those people in the courtroom.  You know there are those rare times when you come across a kindred spirit, and yesterday was just one of those times. :-) Unfortunately I don't have the guts to just ask someone to be friends with me.  Lol.  So it never would have worked out.

Anyway... I had walked to the courthouse from my work, and on the way back, I discovered a river trail that I had never known existed.  Fancy that!  Only a ten minute walk away from my work, and I have a beautiful trail all to myself.  So that means I can walk 1/8 of the way into the trail and then walk back to work before my break is over.  BUT STILL!!!  Just think....when the weather gets warmer I could bring a bike or something.  Today I decided it was a perfect day to explore my new river trail.  And that is when it hit me kinda hard.... Spring is here.  It is in full bloom, right under my nose!  Of course, it is a little bit disguised by debilitating cold wind and stuff like that, but there are new plants everywhere.  Today's walk to the river trail was so good for my soul!  I got a whole bunch of beautiful snaps of springtime to show you.  Seeing as it has been WAY too long since I posted pictures.   Ok guys... get ready for yet another phone dump.

Don't be fooled by the blue skies.  It is totally freezing.  But if you look closely on these dead branches, new pink blossoms have emerged!

Flowers springing up in my favorite library's garden.

New life!  So beautiful!

I made my way onto Spring Street.  No, this is not a joke.  Really.  Just to experience the whole spring experience.

Annnnd here is the beginning of my little river trail.  It even has a fish mural along the side.

A closeup shot of the fish.  Haha.  I wonder if it is art or graffiti. 

A pretty view of the river.

On the path there were a bunch of these bewitching trees.

It was so serene!  I felt lovely and energetic when I got back to work after seeing all of these trees.

I just love the combination of white and pink blossoms next to each other.  

And these yellow blossoms were lovely.  I don't think I have ever seen anything like them before.

And my favorite picture of all, these white blossoms were breathtaking.

So that is my story about my lovely and amazing work break/exploration nature walk.  I would highly recommend walking around somewhere beautiful on your break at work.  It relieves all the stress in the world.  Even coming back to work to be around my *not-so-favorite* co-worker was nothing.  I felt so good with rosy cheeks bitten from the cool wind and the fresh air and the lovely scenery. 

RANDOM... but... at work, we only listen to this Christian music station, and I was getting pretty sick of it.  I mean, don't get me wrong, I love Christian music as much as the next person, especially if it is Switchfoot or some other lovely band like that.  But it was getting to the point where I had memorized all the songs they played on that station (I believe there are about 12 songs total.  BLEH.)  Soooo I decided to switch it up a bit.  I bought these ipod speakers online for about $3.00, and although there is definitely better quality out there, I can't complain.  I get to listen to kpop and other genres of music other than Christian music.  

These speakers may not be the most advanced out there, but they do fold up into a convenient little cube when not in use, and at only 3 dollars, I am not too worried if I forget them at work or if someone steals them.  My ipod is a different story....

Ohhhhhh.... another RANDOM story.  Silly me... I decided it would be a good idea to juice kale.  Well, let's put it this way... first of all, the kale I used was a little bit old, so it didn't taste the best.  Second of all, it is better to throw it in a smoothie or something, because I got about 1/3 cup of juice from 2 heads of kale.  What a waste.  So I added baby carrots.  Those also don't juice too well.  Just so you know.  Then I added an apple.  Finally!  A full glass of juice.  Sadly, the juice was one of the most disgusting drinks I have ever had, and it was such a hassle to make it and clean it up.  It was so awful that Brandon took pictures of the mess I made.  It was funny but awful.  For the record, kale juice tastes like old fridge residue or something nasty like that.  I highly discourage it.

The juice was all foamy and then I spilled pulp and juice everywhere.  It was so nasty and disgusting.  Brandon was laughing at me as I was kinda frustrated from the mess.

Ew... it was such a dang mess.  And it took me like 45 minutes to make the juice and clean up after.  Never again.

Well, I am officially super tired.  As always.  Tomorrow is going to be great.  I finally get to spend time with my family then.  Talk to you next time! xoxox

~Sincerely, Ashleigh Son

No comments:

Post a Comment