Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Sealing, Mom, and Vintage Dresses


Hmmm…..ten days (or is it more?) of not blogging.  Wow.  That is a lot.  I must say, a lot has been going on and a lot of stuff has kicked me in the butt lately.  First and foremost, Brandon and I have been SERIOUSLY searching for a home to buy.  We keep on being led back to the house we are living in now.  No area is nicer to live in.  The location can’t be beat.  We did fall in love with another house and someone snatched it right up.  Of course, that location was not as good as our current neighborhood, but they DID have a fireplace in the master bedroom.  And columns!!!  I am such a sucker for columns.  Also, we liked another house plan in another nice area only to find out they are all sold out of that floor plan.  STUPID!  Anyway, the whole house buying scene is such a drag I decided.  It is so hard to find that one perfect place.  And we are still not 100% sure if we are going to get the one we are living in or not.  It is just the suspense that is killing me. 

BEST NEWS EVER!!! In case you have not heard, Brandon and I are officially going to be sealed in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple at the end of this month.  I am so happy.   Brandon and I have been waiting for this since the day we got married.  March 30th we will officially be together forever.  None of this “Till death do us part” business.  We will never have to worry about that again.  Forever is forever.  I just want it to be March 30th already so that I don’t have to deal with the little events here and there that seem to pop up to discourage such a blessing.  Most people who have had the opportunity to go through the temple with their spouse may know what I am talking about.  It seems that such a good thing comes with many sources of frustration standing in the way.  It is to be expected, but knowing that does not make it any easier.  As I mentioned at the beginning of the post, a lot of stuff has kicked me in the butt.  And I am really not going to get into the particulars since they are a little bit too personal.  Let’s just say any sort of negativity seems very magnified at the moment and I am extremely sensitive to these things.  Thankfully, everything that has gone wrong has been resolved almost as quickly as it happened in the first place. 

The temple we have chosen to get sealed in... Mt. Timpanogos! :-)

On the subject of issues trying to stand in the way of me and Brandon finally being sealed together forever, I have a little message for a certain someone (which will probably not make sense to the majority of my readers, but it will to those who are close to me, Brandon, and my family)…. You know who you are…..  You have been despicable, selfish, and unbelievable.  I hope you are ashamed of your feeble attempts to ruin our lives.  You tried so hard to interfere with our happiness and make us miserable and you still didn’t get your way, did you? *smirk* I am so glad.  I am thankful that I will never have to deal with your nonsense again for as long as I live.  I hope for your own sake that you get your head and heart out of the gutter and learn to genuinely be a better person with no more lies.  I am grateful that good triumphed over pure evil in this case, as I knew it would.  I WIN.  ;-) Whew, that feels good to finally be able to say that.  

Alright, for those out there who are probably confused about the above paragraph, I apologize for not expounding on that one.  And I realize how harsh it may sound, but just know it had to be said.  The hardest trial of my life is officially over for good.

On a completely different subject, I have been thinking about my mom a lot lately.  I just wanted to say that I love her and admire many traits about her that I hope to fully develop:

1) Kindness…. She serves others many times a week, even though she is very busy and has a job. (Oh and yes I do happen to notice that on the very post that I mention that I wish I had more kindness, I have publicly censured someone... Believe me... after this moment, it will never need to be done again.)

2) Beauty…. My mom always looks her best, even on days where she is just relaxing at home.  Also, when I look at pictures of her from when she was younger, she is a total BOMBSHELL.  I have such a beautiful mother, inside and out.  She is really ladylike as well.

3) Brains…. Not only is my mom naturally smart, but she works really hard to get where she wants to be.  She is a nurse, a wonderful mother, knows about reflexology, and is very talented in many areas.  She has studied hard to help those around her and develop her strengths.   She pretty much got a 4.0 GPA in college.  Psshhhh… ok sorry maybe a 3.99999…. haha.

4) Humor…. My mom knows how to laugh, and how to carry a good conversation with almost anyone.  She is very personable and people are drawn to her like a magnet.

5) Love…. Last but not least, my mom is very loving and no one in the family can ever doubt this.  She showers us with gifts, keeps the house tidy, talks to us about our lives, and lets us know she is thinking about us.  She does so much for everyone and is not recognized nearly enough.

I am sorry this post is forever long, but I have just one more thing that has been on my mind.  I have a new love for vintage inspired dresses.  But the problem is… they are more expensive than just getting a random dress at Forever 21 or H&M.  I have very specific taste.  Think of the outfits on “The Notebook,” or “The Painted Veil,” or “Love Rain.” On average, a dress with the ideal cut and fabric would cost $95.00 for casual wear, but I just can’t bring myself to do it!  Also, try telling your husband that you just “had to get it.” No.  Not gonna happen.   

THIS DRESSSSS!!! Gah! Too expensive at $96.00, but I am totally in love.

Also, I keep finding LOVELY dresses made out of LOVELY fabric, but then I notice the cuts are not flattering or they have some nasty geometric cut out the back or something sad like that.   What is up with this?  I think I was born in the wrong century.  What is a girl to do?  Anyway, I have a dress I have been scoping out for a few days and it is from Forever 21 and is vintage inspired and for once is not “clubbing length.”  Yes, I stole that term from a previous reviewer of this dress on the F21 website.  

I love the color and it has polka dots...

It is $25.00 for this particular dress, and I might give in and buy it.  I could pair it with a white cardigan, a ladylike leather messenger bag, lacy ankle socks, and low-heeled mary jane shoes or white oxfords….. *sigh* So many possibilities.  

Alright, enough for now.  I am surprised if you even read this whole post, because it took about an hour to write everything.  I guess I just missed writing so I had to overdo it. xoxox

~Sincerely, Ashleigh Son

4 comments:

  1. I was married at Timpanogos and it was the most beautiful day ever! When I hear about people getting sealed there I image it will be just as beautiful. The sun was shining so bright that the celestial room was glowing, and I got to bask in that light holding hands with my sweetie. I'm so excited for you two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO excited for Timpanogos. My younger sister got married there, so I suppose I am copying her a little bit, but I have always thought it was so beautiful. Thanks for the kind words! I hope life is going well for you. I read your blog all the time and think you are the cutest. :-)

      Delete
  2. I love this post, Ashleigh. Congratulations on your upcoming sealing! I am really looking forward to being there for it! And something funny, I've recently started really liking vintage dresses too. I don't know if it's just because I've been seeing so many cute ones lately or what, but I know what you mean about them all being way too expensive (or short). I will see you guys in a few weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KK. Can't wait! YES I know... stupid dresses these days. I just want one with the right cut and color. Is that so hard to ask?

      Delete