Sunday, February 10, 2013

It's Lunar New Year!

I know it is a little bit late to be posting these, but I am just going to post some photos that have been sitting on my camera all the way back from my last Utah trip.  Also, HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR!  Today I wore a traditional hanbok to church.  This morning it was really fun to experience the Korean tradition of bowing to Brandon's mom and grandma. :-)

Here is a picture of me wearing my Korean hanbok.  I got a LOT of compliments on it at church.  I just love traditional clothes and am not afraid to wear them to show my love for my new family and culture.

 A full shot of the dress.  Brandon really didn't want me to post this picture, since he wasn't in a photo mood when we took it (which is why he is cropped out hehe).  Notice he IS wearing a matching pink tie, though.  So cool.  He really looked handsome too. :-)  I found out that I was wearing the hairstyle of unmarried women (oops, LOL), which is just a braid with a pretty thick ribbon tied at the bottom.  The "married woman hairstyles" were very hard, though.  Haha.

Aaaannnnd some pictures from my Utah trip.....

 Elsie with her panda doll that Brandon gave her...
 She has such pretty blue eyes!

And yet another cute panda picture with my sister, Kaelyn.

 Every time I visit home in Utah, my mom makes up the prettiest bedding for me.  Yes, I brought my teddy bear stuffed animal that Brandon gave me since he wasn't able to come with me on the trip. :-)

She also left a bunch of yummy/unhealthy snacks for me.  So nice!!

 More adorable Elsie!

I think I am baby hungry... haha. 

My sister Sarah and her boyfriend, Peter.  Also, little Rachel on the right.  It was so fun to visit.

Last, but not least, here are my Valentine's Day tulips from Brandon.  So glad we went with pink.  They really brighten up the room.

Alright, well, I am off to bed.  Just wanted to share all this with you.  This weekend went by way too fast. xoxox

~Sincerely, Ashleigh Son

2 comments:

  1. I love your hanbok, that is pretty freaking sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Haze. It was really fun to wear it.

      Delete