Sunday, January 20, 2013

A Fabulous Date and Utah

Yesterday I missed my flight to Utah.  I suppose that is what I get for going to bed so late when I knew I had a flight scheduled at 6:30 am.  Sadly, that meant I had to take a later flight and only arrived at 9:45 at night.  So there was not much time left to hang out and have fun.  But anyway, on the bright side, I did get to have a whole extra day with Brandon.  We were both dead tired from going to bed at 2:30 am.  But I woke up before him and was in a goofy mood.  So I made this certificate for Brandon and stuck it on the fridge. 


It was pretty hilarious to see his reaction when he went downstairs to make some food.  We made the most of our day and went on a killer date.  Brandon took me roller skating since it has been so long since I have done that last.  We ran into some of our ward friends, of all people.  Ha ha.  We both decided that I need to invest in a pair of roller skates and he needs to invest in a good pair of roller blades.  Funny how we are opposites when it comes to that.  I ALWAYS choose skates over blades, thanks to rollerskating being a side hobby for me.  Afterwards we ate Pho and then went to the airport and walked around a bit before he saw me off to my flight.  It was a magical day.  It was really fun to see my family that night.  Baby Elsie was asleep so I didn't really get to see her.  But everyone else was really happy to see me.  I also got to meet Sarah's new boyfriend.  And we all ate terrible unhealthy Asian snacks and I did my annual clothing giveaway (where I give all my clothes away that I have not worn much that year).  I hate to say this, but I did not bring my camera cord so I can't upload any photos just yet.  I will just wait until I get home to show you all my Utah trip pictures and for now settle for borrowing some of Rachel's instagram pictures.  :-)  So anyway, Day 1 was a bit exhausting but definitely good.  Day 2, I woke up first thing to Kaelyn coming into my room with Elsie.  SO ADORABLE!  I love that baby. 

 Cute little Elsie!!

Then I straightened Rachel's hair.

 What a cutie pie!

Then we went straight to church.  Afterwards, we had family dinner, and invited Sarah's boyfriend's family over.  I also saw Granmom.  :-) It was great!  Also, Rachel and I did matching manicures.  With dark pink french tips. 

 It was a bit messy, but hey, I did my very best ok?

 The nail polish we used.

Funniest moment of the day?  Asking my little brother Joseph his opinion on my manicure:

Me: Joseph... Do you like my nails?
Joseph: *disdainful face while playing his video game* Uhhh.... they scare me.
Me: Why?
Joseph: Because it looks like you dug your nails into someone's flesh.
Me: *cracking up* But they are pink, not red.
Joseph: Some people have pink flesh.

HAHAHAHA.  It was great.  The 2nd funniest thing that happened was when Sarah was giving her boyfriend a massage and he was practically drooling and it reminded me of Brandon whenever he gets a massage from Sarah or me.  Sarah and I were both laughing so hard.  I guess you had to be there, but it was pretty great.  Anyway, Brandon picked out this adorable toy panda for Elsie, and she LOVES it. 
 Is this panda ADORABLE or what?

Also, I feel so drowsy and tired now.  So I will just go to bed now.  I am sorry if this post kinda doesn't make sense.  :-) Anyway, I really look forward to hanging out with friends tomorrow and Tuesday, as well as more quality family time. xoxox

~Sincerely, Ashleigh Son

No comments:

Post a Comment