Friday, December 14, 2012

The Past Two Days

Just wanted to catch up with our "12 Days of Christmas" tradition that Brandon and I have been doing.  I also have a sweet story to tell you first.

I was having a horrible day yesterday.  I went to work feeling beyond crappy.  I was alone at work and I was just cleaning up before leaving.  I got a phone call from Brandon, asking me when I was leaving work.  I told him in just a couple minutes.  I locked up and crossed the street, walking to the parking lot in the dull grey lighting of the day.  I felt someone's presence behind me, but I didn't turn around, since many people walk on the sidewalk and it is awkward to turn around to see who is behind you.  Suddenly I heard a familiar voice talking behind me, saying, "LOVE YOU MOST." I spun around, shocked.  Brandon was standing behind me with a bouquet of a dozen red roses and a sweet little note card.  I actually teared up because I was so touched.  I felt so blessed to have a husband who is so observant and knew I was feeling down and just wanted me to feel loved and happy.  He is just wonderful! 

Then we had our little "3rd Day of Christmas" ceremony.

The round one is for me, and the Victoria's Secret bag is for Brandon.

Brandon got me some Fireberry tea... Rooibos based, of course.  I am really excited to try some.  He knows me way too well.

I got Brandon 3 new ties.  He loves the slim cut, which is my favorite anyway.  It looks so charming on his perfect figure. :-)

This is our cat, Nabi.  He kinda hates me but loves me at the same time.  This picture was just too funny.  He looks so guilty by all that torn wrapping paper, I couldn't resist sharing.  XD

Today, as I read the news about the elementary school shooting, all my problems I was experiencing from yesterday seemed like a grain of sand.  I was heartbroken to hear about such evil.  I wrote a post before this one talking about it.  Other than that, the day was pretty much the same as always.  We did do the "4th Day of Christmas" ceremony.

Today's wrapping was anything but eloquent, because our theme of the day was "Unhealthy food."  

LOOK AT ALL THIS JUNK FOOD.  Goodness, we are going to hate ourselves later.  Mini Rolos, Asian store Onion Rings,  Fruit Jellies, Pepero sticks, A giant case of Ferrero Rocher original chocolates, 3 different kinds of dark chocolate bars, Hawaiian Rolls, Ginger Ale, White Cheddar Cheez-It's, Cookies n' Cream Fat Boy Ice Cream Sandwiches, Chocolate Pirates Booty, and New York Pizza Pirates Booty.  I am surprised we are not fat tubs of lard since we eat food like this!

Brandon ate 8 of these Fat Boy Ice Cream Sandwiches.  OH MY GOSH.  And I took a really funny picture of him eating it, but I wouldn't post it since it was just too hilarious/unflattering.  Hehe.  We were laughing so hard about it until our abs hurt.

Yes, these are the wrappers from those Ice Cream Sandwiches.  There is a reason why he is known as "The Gluttonous Panda."  LOL.

Soooo.... that is how our day went. xoxox

~Sincerely, Ashleigh Son

2 comments:

  1. Hey,
    I am a friend of Jocelyn and was reading her blog about how she stayed positive despite some pretty sad things happening to her and saw your comment!. I agree 100% on your reply about ALWAYS (no matter what) remaining positive and NEVER giving up!. I love Justin Bieber and he says this too!. As Jocelyn will tell you I have an illness and (I am British) need surgery in your country and have to raise money but each day I fight a little more and remain positive!. I also love the thing that makes you happy!, half Asian, half white babies! :), I am this mix!!. Anyway if you want to be friends my name is Shameme and I am a girl from ENGLAND!!. Feel free to contact me, I am on Facebook or email shameme.adams@gmail.com.

    Xie-xie

    Shameme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shameme, thanks for your message. :-) I added you on facebook. I love that Justin Bieber song too. I hope that you get the care that is needed for your illness. Have you ever tried to set up a fundraiser or reach out to the media? It is kind of a big deal.

      Delete