Friday, December 14, 2012

Deep In Thought

Today was devastating.  What is this world coming to?  I can't believe that some horrible person shot little children and teachers!  When I saw the story this morning online, I cried and cried.  Especially when I saw the pictures of the parents waiting in agony to see if their child had survived the massacre.  Somehow I think this is the worst case I have seen yet.  I don't understand how someone could do that... no matter if they had mental health issues or not!  I just think there is so much evil in this world.  Seriously, how can you protect your family when there are psychotic people out there like that?  I mean, these children went to school.... supposedly one of the safest places, and it ended in tragedy.  The thought of homeschooling my future children did cross my mind.  My heart is broken for the families and victims involved.  This is so wrong.  SO WRONG.  On the other hand, I also read about an instance in China where some man attacked 22 children and 1 adult with a knife.  What is with these evil and awful events?  Both were horrific massacres that happened within one day of each other.  My heart is very heavy.  Brandon and I did have a nice day with each other, but we kept pausing, just thinking about these poor innocent people who have been hurt and killed.  We both felt very badly about it.   I know we will be keeping these families in our prayers and hope all of you will do the same. I feel that the gravity of this situation deserves its own post.  I will be posting our Christmas stuff separately. xoxox

~Sincerely, Ashleigh Son

No comments:

Post a Comment