Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Beauty Queens and Stuff

I was thinking lately (again) of beauty, and what it means to look beautiful for your spouse.  I am 100% not perfect at this, I can tell you first hand.  It is so easy to fall into the trap of being "too tired" to make an effort.  Brandon and I were talking about this stuff last night... and we brought up the point that, whatever we were doing when we were still dating each other, it is important to keep up with impressing each other... AND THEN SOME.  Because there are more responsibilities in marriage as opposed to dating, life can get super drab super fast.  So it is more important than ever to keep up the impressive image for each other. Remember, your spouse is the one who deserves it the most. They have to live with you every day, and they already have seen you with the most disgusting frumpy outfits while you are lounging around with prickly unshaved legs.... just saying.  So in that case, since they see that side of you... wouldn't it be nice to make every effort to balance out "THAT IMAGE?"  Haha.  I mean, I say it like it is an easy thing, but it really is not.  Especially for me.  I already wrote a post so similar to this before, but I have to write it again, for myself.  It is really important to our spouses that WE CARE what they think of us.  In fact, I think it can be hurtful if they think we do not show our care and express that in the way we present ourselves.  REALLY guys.  I am the worst person in the world to even bring this up, but it is something I am truly striving to improve.  So I will keep writing about it until I keep up with my goals and form good habits.  :-) Hehe.  And on the same note, I am trying to find beauty inspiration.  I am South African.  And white.  And I don't exactly look American, you know.  So I decided to look at the "Miss South Africa" pagaent girls to see if there was any similar beauty as mine.  I think it is good to find girls who have similar features to you that do their makeup flattering and have gorgeous looks.  I find I have a certain attachment to these pagaent girls now!  How funny is that?

 Here is our newest Miss South Africa, Marilyn Ramos.  Just look at those toned arms!  I want to attain that!!

 Melinda Bam, Miss South Africa running this year for Miss Universe...

Another pretty Melinda picture.  I like that she has a similar nose structure and eyebrow shape as me.  It is hard to find these days.

Quate Defying the stigma that beauty queens are only pretty faces exhilarates me. Quate -Melinda Bam
GOODNESS! I LOVE THAT QUOTE!
 
Well, enough about swooning over pagaent beauty!  Haha.  Today Brandon and I opened our "2nd Day of Christmas" gifts.

 Brandon didn't know how to wrap mine, so he put it in my lunch box :-) haha and I wrapped the one on the right.

 He got me a Hello Kitty makeup case. (hehe perfect for my goals we were talking about)

 Not only that, but it was filled on the inside with Ferrero Rocher dark chocolates.  MY FAVORITE!

I got Brandon a pair of black oak veneer frames with some cheesy pick-up lines.  We will, of course, replace those with cute photos.  We just haven't taken any new photos of us lately.

Well, I hope all of you have a good night.  I feel sick from eating too much! ARGH! xoxox

~Sincerely, Ashleigh Son

No comments:

Post a Comment