Monday, December 3, 2012

A Very Trying Day


Oh my.  Just so you know... this is pretty much a vent session.  So tread carefully.  Today was... shall we say, interesting?  First of all I got about 3 hours of sleep last night.  So I have been a super zombie and my eyes are actually BLURRY and FOGGY and I can't really see straight.  I had the hardest time staying awake at work.  Every single patient that came into the office, I was secretly thinking, "What could you POSSIBLY WANT!!!!????" Yes, I felt beyond grumpy.  Also, I officially don't have a car any more.  It is far too dangerous of a vehicle to be just driving around.  Even though I wish I could more than anything right now.  So I have been researching online about the bus route until I can get a decent car to drive.  UGH!  Let's just say that a monthly bus pass here is more expensive than a month of gas in my dangerous car.  Thankfully, I get to drive Brandon's lovely car to work a few times a week.... which.... today was my first day of doing so.  Anyway, since I took his car, I took his keys (of course), and not mine... and then I forgot that my work key was latched onto the same key chain as MY car keys.  *sigh* That's right... so I was about to leave work today when I realized I did not have the work key to lock up for the day.  So I had to call Brandon to drive over half an hour in all this horrible traffic to bring me the key so I could lock up.  But he had to wait for his parents to get back so he could use THEIR car to drive to my work.  Man... it was such a mess.  In fact... it was disastrous! THANK HEAVENS Brandon didn't even give me one ounce of attitude even though he had every right to since I was so irresponsible.  Sadly, his parents got stuck in traffic too apparently, and took a lot longer than expected to get home.  So I was stuck at my work just wanting to collapse.  I vacuumed the carpet in a mad rage as I waited.  I was so mad at myself for forgetting that stupid work key.  I found a whole box of "spare keys" at work and tried every one of them in the front door lock.  None of them fit.... not even the key that was labelled "Front Door Master Key."  Are you freaking kidding me??? Not to mention after touching all those old keys my skin started stinging.  Turns out I have some kind of allergy to cheap dirty metal.  I felt beyond nasty and washed my hands about 4 times and found a small tube of (very bad quality) lotion to moisturize my hands afterwards.  I was so relieved when Brandon arrived.  Well anyway... I came home and realized there is a lot to do around the house.  A lot to do and no strength to do it.  Lots of stuff that needs to be scrubbed.  The bed is not made.  But most of all I look in the mirror at my haggard appearance and the deep dark circles under my eyes and realize I need to rest PRONTO.  But somehow I can't sleep.  And Brandon is going to the gym... how does he even have the strength to do that when he also only got 3 hours of sleep?? I am so jealous! ROAR! Ok... I think... I am done whining about everything now.  But have you ever had a day like that?  xoxox


~Sincerely, Ashleigh Son

6 comments:

  1. OH girl I feel like my day was like that yesterday! I mean not quite as disastrous, but the zombie thing, and I got stuck at home by myself without a car so I fell asleep and slept the day away and then got really pissed that I didn't do anything all day so I really wanted to do stuff when davie got home but he was tired so he went right to sleep and I couldn't get back to sleep because I slept all day so I was in a "I wasted all of my freetime sleeping" rage... lol hopefully we will both have a better day today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waaa! That sounds as bad as mine actually! Mark my words... we are going to have a better day today!

      Delete
  2. Ash I feel you!! i have had many days like that lately!! andas you say ROAR!!!!!! hahaha! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha... somehow "ROAR" makes everything better.

      Delete
  3. Awww sad. Girl when that happens you should call and vent to me. For realsies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just may do that next time.... if there ever is a day like that again ha ha.

      Delete