Sunday, November 11, 2012

What To Wear on a Lazy Day

Hello to all my fabulous readers out there! :-) I especially want to welcome my new readers from Singapore!  Makes me so happy to have readers from other countries.  Today I just wanted to tell you what I do when I want to look put-together on a lazy day, or on a day where none of my outfits seem to look cute.  The secret is.... wear all black.  I know, that may seem boring, but actually black is such a classic.  It makes you look skinnier, and if you wear it every single day of the week no one can say anything bad about it, right?  For formal days, I like to have a simple shift dress that I can just pull on and a cardigan for cooler weather.  For everyday wear, I wear a black t-shirt with black skinny jeans.  If it is a cold day I add a belted cardigan that cinches in at the waist.  Add a pair of black flats to both of those outfits and you are good to go.  Say you want to go grocery shopping, and you kinda want to dress like a scrub but not ugly?  Reach for your pre-planned black yoga pants, black t-shirt, and black hoodie (for cold days of course).  Whatever you do, make sure the black clothes are nice and fitted and not baggy/hideous or that just defeats the purpose.  Also, for winter I recommend investing in a black fitted double breasted pea coat.  Goodness, that will last you years!  I bought one for about $20 at Wet Seal a couple years back and it has served me well, and I still get compliments on it all the time even though it is not a new coat.  Here is a couple of snapshots of my all-black outfit from yesterday, just to show you one of my most worn pre-planned black outfits.

 Unflattering lighting, but you get the picture, right? Black makes you look taller and skinnier.

Another bonus (for me) is that when I wear black it really brings out my natural hair color.

Alright lovelies!  Hope you enjoyed my little tip for the easiest (laziest) dressing available that actually looks nice at the same time.  

On another note.... church was really awesome today.  We had a lesson about kindness that really touched me.  I have made a goal to ALWAYS be kind to Brandon no matter what.  After all, he is the most important relationship in my life and I want to cultivate love wherever I can.  I am sure sometimes I will be tempted to not follow through with this goal, but it will be worth it to stick to it. 

ALSO! Oh man... if you guys haven't made Brandon's recipe for crock pot honey steak, you are missing out!  We had it for dinner today and I am soooo satisfied right now.  I also had a few toasted slices of rosemary olive oil bread, pumpkin cookies, and snacked on some Korean side dishes.  So I am beyond full.  *sigh* life is good right now. xoxox

~Sincerely, Ashleigh Son

No comments:

Post a Comment