Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Something My Eyes Appreciate


Well hello there.  I just thought I would try to creep you out with my EYE.  Just kidding.  More like, I wanted to talk about something I have done to improve my appearance.  I have been trying not to over-pluck my eyebrows.  In the past I have had the problem of taking too much eyebrow hairs off, and then they just look thin and weird.  I have not plucked my eyebrows for about half a year now, except for the SUPER stray hairs that just need to go, but anywhere within a 4 millimeter radius of my natural eyebrow shape I have vowed not to touch.  It looks a lot better now, believe me.  But here is the problem.  Sometimes my eyebrows end up looking a little wild since they are not as thin as they used to be.  So actually, here is my secret.  I trim my eyebrows with tiny scissors.  Yes, that sounds a bit intimidating, but actually it looks VERY groomed and nice when you are done.  I just finished today, hence, I was inspired to write about this.  All you do is take a small eyelash comb and comb your eyebrows downward.  Whatever falls below the natural arch of your brow, trim it to line up with the bottom of the arch.  Then, I comb the brows upward, and if anything is sticking out wildly or awkwardly, I just trim it to line up with the top of the brow.  Important note:  I trim each eyebrow hair individually so I do not take too much off.  I have chosen to keep the natural shape of my brow arch, since that looks the most flattering on me.  Man, I can't even tell you how much of a difference it makes.  If I have blond hairs beneath the arch, I go ahead and tweeze those away since I just hate the look of how unflattering that looks on me.  But as for actually going INTO the brow area, I avoid that at all costs.  I hope this post makes sense.  Sometimes I think I am explaining something well but I am really not.  Ha ha.  I just think eyebrows are a very important feature on a person's face.  If someone has weird eyebrows, that can ruin their whole image.  I found this article on Oprah to be very enlightening (and a little bit amusing too. heh heh).  If you don't believe me, then believe Oprah.  Thankfully, I don't need to fill in my eyebrows with makeup, but if you do, there are lots of good tutorials out there, and my main advice would be to stay away from using a pencil that is too dark.  Use a pencil that is a few shades lighter than your hair so it does not look harsh.  Alright, well, I have got to go now.  xoxox

~Sincerely, Ashleigh Son

2 comments:

  1. Really good tip. I have very thick eyebrows. I am in dior need to fix them but still haven't found a place where I can wax them. Ah well. :) I only "clean" my eyebrows. It still looks natural when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember the first time I got my eyebrows waxed. Goodness it looked so lovely when I was done! Right now I am just waiting for all the uneven areas to grow in properly before I resort back to waxing. But yeah, seriously, the scissors thing... it is my best discovery yet when it comes to eyebrows looking nice but definitely not sparse.

      Delete