Thursday, November 22, 2012

Our First Thanksgiving Together

Hello and Happy Thanksgiving.  I just have to say... Brandon is the best cook EVER.  Our dinner was fantastic, and he made all of it.

We had turkey... and it was very good quality since he got organic.  It really made a difference.

Here is a picture of the rolls.  They were DELIGHTFUL.  You know how I am with bread lately.

Steamed green beans!  For good health.

Trader Joe's cornbread stuffing.  It was yummy.  I kinda want to make a homemade one next year.

Sweet potatoes...with marshmallows.  Haha.

Parsley Mashed Potatoes.... Very delicious and a bit different than your average mashed potatoes.  We also had gravy to go with it.  Next year we will definitely go homemade with the gravy.

Brussel Sprouts.  I made this all on my own.  They were absolutely lovely.  My contribution. >__<

And homemade pumpkin pie for dessert.  BEST DESSERT!!! I LOVE IT.

A view of the table before the feast began.

Everyone eating!  Sadly, I did not get a picture of me and Brandon.  But with good reason, because we were cooking and cleaning all day and looked terrible.  So here is everyone else enjoying themselves.

This pie had layers.  There was a lot of thought put into it.

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.  And please don't think I hardly contributed with the meal.  Haha, I was the clean up girl.  I am better at cleaning than cooking.  But I can do both.  Brandon just didn't need help with anything.  We thought it was the perfect first Thanksgiving together.  Last year we were still dating but did not get to spend any holidays together.  Grrr.  I am grateful that those days are over.  Random... but we stayed up until 3:30 am last night.  So we are tired.  We could pass out dead cold and it is only 8:38 pm.  Wow.  I don't think we will be interested in shopping early tomorrow for Black Friday lol.  We will see I guess.  xoxox

~Sincerely, Ashleigh Son

4 comments:

  1. Ash I love your blog!! miss you so much my besty!! more than words can say!! :( hope to see you soon!! :) xoxoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looked like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. That's great. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely! I read your post about Thanksgiving as well. Looks like you had fun starting your own traditions. In a way, I am jealous! ha ha. <3

      Delete