Tuesday, November 13, 2012

My Nightly Skincare Routine

A couple of my skin products I use at night

Today is going to be a post about my NIGHTLY skin routine.  I will talk about my morning routine another time.  As I have mentioned a couple times, I have a very sensitive skin type.  I seem to break out if I eat the wrong foods, don't sleep long enough, don't exercise regularly, or forget to drink enough water.  So that is first and foremost always a part of my skincare routine....taking care of my health.  I know it sounds a bit extreme, but it is true.  The second thing is having my face completely cleaned and well-moisturized before I go to sleep.  So.... this is what I do.  I wash my face with Neutrogena oil free acne wash.  I am sure their regular wash would do just fine, but I have trusted the acne wash version for years.  It is one of the few drugstore brands that does well with my skin.  Next, I spritz on some toner that does not irritate my sensitive skin.  I like to use The Body Shop's seaweed toner.  Now, if I use a weak moisturizer after this, I am in big trouble, so afterwards I apply my Hydra Formula moisturizer set by O Hui.  This is one of the best moisturizers I have used on my skin, and smells fantastic.  I don't use it in the daytime because it leaves an oily looking sheen on my face.  It has never made me break out though.  And in the morning my skin feels nice and soft.  Last, but not least, I apply a really good eye cream by Enprani.  I believe this is my secret to looking young, seeing as I have been wearing eye cream since I was 15 years old.  Except when I was younger I just used Desert Essence Organics pomegranate eye gel, or Burt's Bees Radiance Eye Cream.  I highly recommend those. Except, now that I am in my 20's, I find I need a richer formula.   Soooo.... just a quick run-down/review of the products:

1) Neutrogena oil free acne wash Just use glycerine soap if this is too harsh for your skin.
2) The Body Shop's seaweed toner If this is too strong for you, invest in some rose water from the health food store.
3) O Hui Hydra Formula vital skin softener (part 1 of moisturizer)
4) O Hui Hydra Formula ultra moist emulsion (part 2 of moisturizer)
5) Enprani eye cream This comes in a two piece set... eye cream and eye brightener.  I just use the eye cream at night.

Please note that I am not trying to say that these products will work for everyone, because not everyone has the same skin type as me.  However, I do have sensitive skin that breaks out easily, and this nightly routine has helped me out a lot and contributed to much clearer skin than before.  Not to mention more properly moisturized skin...  Also, I have mentioned that I do asprin masks on a regular basis.  My skin would not be the same without doing that at least once a week.  One more thing: Always use a clean towel to dry your face after washing it.  In fact, I tend to just use paper towels or tissues if I don't have a clean towel on hand. Hope everyone has a lovely rest of their Tuesday.  xoxox

~Sincerely, Ashleigh Son

No comments:

Post a Comment