Monday, November 12, 2012

Just Another Monday...

Hi to all of you.  Today was one of those days that Brandon and I absolutely overloaded on bread.  Unhealthy bread.  Speaking of which... here is a RANDOM quick list of my absolute favorite breads in the world.  I tend to go for the artisan crusty type.  I actually eat bread about as often as I eat dessert, which is not too much.  I feel like it is a comfort food aka unhealthy.  Ok, so lets get started (not in the order of preference, of course):

1) Organic sourdough bread from a Pike Place Market bakery in Seattle.  Best eaten right when you get it.
2) Rye Bread from Kneaders.  Best eaten plain, or toasted with avocados and black cracked pepper. YUM!
3) Rosemary Olive Oil Bread from Costco (lol).  Best eaten toasted with butter. *stomach growl*
4) Sourdough bread from Panera.  Also best eaten toasted with butter.  Or dipped into soup. :-)
5) Naan from almost any genuine Indian restaurant.  Best eaten with curry.

Hehe, shows you how much I know about bread.  But seriously I recommend all of those.  I am totally full from eating too much today.... but just talking about it makes me hungry again.  Other than eating bread, Brandon made some festive pumpkin protein pancakes.  They were so lovely and delicious.  But he hasn't perfected the recipe, so it will not be on his blog yet.  Only the best for our readers!
We are both a bit tired today on account of staying up until 3 am last night playing board games.  TRUE STORY.  And by the way.... Brandon wins at EVERYTHING.  He even beat me at my signature card game, Slap Jack.  Ask any of my friends and they will tell you I am a total FREAK when it comes to that game.  And in Jr High and High school I used to be the champion of Slap Jack every. single. time.  Well anyway, I think it might have been the fact that Brandon had just beaten me at a couple of other games, but my confidence was pretty low during slap jack.  So I think that's why he won.  LOL.  We couldn't stop laughing.  We even played "War" and it was the fastest game I have ever played in my life before Brandon won.  Gosh!  Some people have all the luck.  I guess you had to be there, but it was actually hilarious how badly I was losing at everything.  Monopoly, Candyland, California Speed.  All of it.
Before I say goodnight... I just wanted to leave you with a picture of my Lavendar Red Tea I have been devouring lately.  For anyone who REALLY needs to take a chill pill (jk) this tea helps me relax even on the most annoying days at work.

I just ran out of this tea, but I will be ordering it from here because a refill of 100 tea bags is only $15.90.  (About 15 or 16 cents for each cup of tea!) Now, this doesn't include shipping, but if you order $50 worth of tea, you get free shipping.  Just a cool side note... they are fair trade and organic.  And if you wanted to know.... NO I am not affiliated with this company in any way.  I just really like their product and want to share what I love with my readers.  Alright.... I will quit rambling for tonight.  Hope you all are having a wonderful start to your week.  I know I am.  xoxox

~Sincerely, Ashleigh Son

4 comments:

  1. SLAPJACK!!!!!!
    You are a slapjack fiend!!! Haha

    I totally the same way with bread. I rarely eat it. I've actually had bread from pikes place. Man I need to go visit you... really need to.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. Yes indeed my dear you do need to visit me. And I need to visit Utah as well.

      Delete
  2. Your family has been drinking Rooibos tea for generations. Many many health benefits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true. Red tea has more antioxidants than green tea. And it is Word of Wisdom approved. BONUS!

      Delete