Sunday, November 18, 2012

Classic K-Drama: You're Beautiful


Hello my dear readers.... especially my new readers from Austria and Australia. :-))) Today I just wanted to recommend to everyone that you watch the KDrama "You're Beautiful."  I believe it is on Netflix, otherwise you can watch it online for free I am sure.  And yes, it will be English subtitled.  I actually love it so much that my mom bought it for me on DVD.  This is an older KDrama, but it is timeless!  I guarantee that it will make you feel like a young girl in high school who is drop dead in love with someone.  I suppose it is similar to when the book "Twilight" came out and all red-blooded females who read it could not help but wish it were real.  This drama is about a young lady named Gemma who is in training to become a nun.  She is trying to live her life the best that she can.  However she is also very clumsy (it sort of reminded me of Maria on The Sound of Music), and she somewhat does not fit into the typical "nun stereotype."  Gemma has a twin brother named Go Mi Nam (I believe this translates to "Flower Boy" in English) who is the opposite of her.  He has just been accepted to be a part of the latest KPop Idol group, A.N.Jell.  In hopes to look more handsome for the public eye, Go Mi Nam gets plastic surgery to make his eyes look more beautiful.  Unfortunately, his plastic surgery goes horribly wrong and he is not able to even blink, and he does not have time to recover before he is supposed to debut as the newest member of A.N.Jell.  He gets his agent to find his twin nun sister, Gemma, to cover for him while his eyes heal.  She reluctantly agrees to cover for the love of a family member, even though she is totally against dressing up like a boy and living with three boys.  Also, they must NEVER find out that she is a girl, or else there could be awful consequences.  I don't want to give away too much of the story, but lets just say it made me extremely giddy to watch this entire series.  There were some cute love stories as well as heartbreaks involved.  I think girls might enjoy it a little bit more than guys, but at the same time it is VERY ADDICTIVE.  Even my 15 year old brother got sucked into it.  Hahaha.... yes I am ratting you out, Joseph.  Best of all, there are only 16 episodes in the entire series.  I included the video at the top of the page because that is what made me want to watch the drama in the first place.

The main love interest on You're Beautiful.  He reminds me strongly of Brandon sometimes.

A shot of A.N.Jell.  Come on, you know you want to watch it...

On a completely different subject, I had a somewhat trying day today.  Lets just say it involved a very ridiculous individual who was being selfish, and I will leave it at that.  But as always, my wonderful husband made me smile like nothing had happened.  He made me a homemade pumpkin pie.  Oh my gosh, I hope he shares the recipe on his blog because it was RIDICULOUSLY delicious.  I love that he cheers me up with treats and knows exactly what I need to be completely happy.  I am so grateful for him, like none other.  Okay, enough being sappy for now... xoxox

~Sincerely, Ashleigh Son

No comments:

Post a Comment