Saturday, November 17, 2012

A Ladylike Dress I Tailored

I am thrilled to have some new readers from China, Bulgaria, Spain and Hungary.  Hello to all of you!  Today I wanted to showcase a small project I finished somewhat recently.  I found two pretty vintage-looking dresses at Murasaki for $3.99 and tailored them to fit my petite frame a bit better.   Today I will be showcasing the pink one, although the other dress was the exact same in blue.  Maybe I will model that one another time.


 
This dress was fairly easy to tailor.  I do not sew at all but I managed to make a few stitches by hand to make it a little bit more fitted around the waistline.  At first it looked like an ugly muffin-top dress.  Maybe that doesn't make much sense, but believe me, it did not fit right at all.  Also, The chest was way too exposed before so I brought that up a ton.  My favorite part about this dress is that it looks really feminine and reminds me of one of the dresses on "Love Rain."  For those of you who have not seen Love Rain, it is a Korean drama that I am in love with due to all the awesome and ladylike outfits on it.  I also like how the sleeves have plenty of coverage but do not quite hit the elbows, and I like the tiny ruffle detail on the skirt.  My least favorite part is that the waistline is still not as flattering as I would like it to be.  It still drapes over a little bit too much for my taste.  Perhaps if I actually knew how to sew this could be remedied.  However, I am pretty happy with the overall outcome.  Also, I know it is kinda goofy that I take my own pictures of my outfit, but I really need the practice just in case Brandon is not around.  He offered to take the pictures this time, but I just wanted to practice since I am the WORST at self-photography.  Haha.  Anyway, hope everyone has a good night, and I will talk to you next time. xoxox

~Sincerely, Ashleigh Son

No comments:

Post a Comment