Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A Few Quotes I Cling To Lately

Hello everyone.  Thank goodness it is Thanksgiving tomorrow, and I have a super long weekend.  No work!  YAY!  I just wanted to share some quotes I have sprinkled on my desktop.  They are my little reminders every day when I get home from work to keep my head in the game.








Aren't these great reminders?  They have been doing wonders in helping me stay centered and remember my current paradigm shift.  I am sorry this post is so short today.  But I have been a bum on the computer all day and I really need to stop.  Haha, hope you understand.   But heck... lets make this post a little bit longer.  Tomorrow is Thanksgiving.  In my family, we have a tradition of saying what we are grateful for, and we have to say however many things as how old we are.  Grrr I wish I could have worded that more eloquently, but my mind is not working properly.  For example, I am 24 years old, so I have to say 24 things I am grateful for.  Here is my gratitude list:

1) I am grateful for ... YOU GUESSED IT... Brandon Son.  He is the absolute love of my life and has been so good to me.  I never knew what true love was until I met him.   He has helped me grow so much in just the short time we have been married.  He is literally the sweetest person in the world with a pure heart and I just ADORE him so much.

2) I would not be who I am today without my family.  Dad, helping me to see the big picture in life, always.  Mom, being there for me as not only a mother but a best friend too.  Kaelyn, my amazing sister who is practically a twin to me.  Ashley, Kaelyn's husband who is truly a good man and a welcome addition to our family.  Elsie, my darling niece who makes me wish I had a baby.  Sarah, my dear little sister that I love to chat to whenever I get the chance and we laugh until we cry.  Kristen, my gorgeous and wonderful little sister who has actually one of the best hearts and I miss her so bad.  Joseph, my brother, who does not have one mean bone in his body...and not to mention the most fun person to tease.  Rachel, aka LITTLE ME!  Goodness I love that girl.

3) Amazing in-laws.  Seong, my mother-in-law, who is really comforting while I don't get to be around my own mom.  David, with his kind ways, always doing little things to help everyone even when hardly anyone notices.  Brett... well I never met him but I am plenty entertained by stories of him.  Brian, my super generous awesome brother-in-law who we just LOVE spending time with.  Fiona, Brian's wife, who is also lots of fun.  Grandma, with her contagious laugh and cute little old lady ways.  Gah! I love these guys so much!

4) Our jobs and financial situation.  It is very comforting to not be suffering or in debt.  We may even be homeowners soon.

5) My car... and the fact that it hasn't broken down yet.  Goodness, I don't know how that thing has lasted so long.  It is just holding out for when we have saved enough to get a brand new car.

6) Food!  Oh my.  I could not LIVE without food.  It is just too important.

7) Water.  Hot water for showers and soup and tea.  Cold water for drinking.  LOVE it.  Nothing can replace it.

8) The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  I am so happy with our religion.  We have seen many blessings poured out to us from the path of life we have taken.  We can't wait to get married in the temple in March.  I am so thankful for a prophet to guide me, and the friends I have made at church as well.

9) Washington.  Even though I miss Utah, it is just the right climate for me.  I love rain, actually.  I love how much green there is here.  I adore my drive to work because it makes my whole work day more bearable.  The beauty is stunning.  The air is fresh.  *sigh* PERFECT.

10) My body.  I have very good health at the moment.  I am glad that everything is functioning the way it should.

11) Blogging and journaling.  This has really helped me to work out my tangled thoughts and helped me to have a more zen life.  Not to mention it is the perfect social outlet for an introvert such as myself.  Also, I love reading other people's blogs, because i am nosy like that.

12) Mirrors.  Can you imagine how life would be if we could not see our reflections?  Neither can I.  

13) Electricity.  Makes the place warm or cold, depending on what you want.  Provides power and light for every little need.

14) Photos.  Even if I think they are ugly when I first take them, I always end up treasuring them later.  They document life in a way that nothing else can.

15) My amazing friends!  DeeDee, Lara, Erin, Mary, Hailey, Rene.  Thanks so much for being there for me.  I LOVE YOU!!!

16) The internet. I would be nothing without it.  Also, life would be so boring.

17) Hello Kitty.  I know it sounds stupid to include her, but she is just so darn cute and you can't possibly be mad while looking at her.

18) Music.  This makes life better in so many ways.  I am grateful that I can carry a tune and that I have discovered exactly what kind of music makes me feel upbeat.

19) The sun.  The source of all energy... Natural warmth.  Need I say more?

20) Education.  Although I have not finished my education, I am thankful for the opportunity to do so.  I love learning.  I love that it makes me feel smarter.

21) Scriptures.  I would be so lost without the guidance of scriptures and the protective barrier it seems to coat my day with.  Sounds funny to put it that way, but I can assure you it is true.  On days where I have done my scripture study, things ALWAYS go smoother.

22) Beauty products.  Makeup.  Dry shampoo.  Soap.  Shampoo.  Perfume.  I love all of it.  

23) Different seasons.  It gives a variety to the way life is, and you don't get sick of seeing the same old thing all the time.

24) I am thankful for Thanksgiving, and how it makes me purposefully think of things I am thankful for.  I just feel so much gratitude and joy when I am done thinking about all this positive stuff.  I challenge you to do the same thing as I just did.  However old you are, write that many things that you are thankful for.  And you will instantly feel a lift.

Hehe, so much for not being a computer bum. LOVE YOU MY READERS!  Happy Thanksgiving Eve! xoxox

~Sincerely, Ashleigh Son

No comments:

Post a Comment