Monday, October 29, 2012

The First Time I Ever Saw Brandon


Want to hear a little bit about our love story?
As I have mentioned before, Brandon and I met online.  We started off as good friends, and just talked about every day stuff.  Soon, however, I found myself falling for him.  I had never felt this way for anyone else in my entire existence.  I am pretty sure I liked him first, but Brandon denies this.  I really did not know how I could like someone so much when I had never even met them.  Maybe it had to do with his quirky charm and soft heart that I found so irresistible mixed with his gorgeous Korean looks.  I am not really sure, but anyway, we ended up liking (or maybe even loving) each other even before we met in real life.  Sound crazy?  I assure you, it WAS crazy.  Well, we both felt a little bit crazy for not even meeting each other yet, so before we knew it, a vacation was booked for us to spend some quality time together.
I cannot even tell you how nervous I was to meet Brandon in real life.  We had regular Skype dates, phone dates, and messaged each other all day.  So why was I so nervous?  I just was afraid that when we met in real life he would think I was different.  We had such a good thing going on, and I was petrified of ruining it somehow.  Also, I literally planned every outfit I would wear for Brandon's visit way ahead of time.  I think he might have been a bit nervous too.  I will have to ask him.  But we were so excited at the same time.  We had a countdown just waiting for the day we would see each other.
Finally, the day arrived.  I must have spent an hour in front of the mirror hoping I would look perfect.  But I didn't have enough time to do my hair, so I sported a wavy, lion-like style.  I wore a short white dress.  My siblings all teased me that I was trying to show off my legs wearing a dress like that.  And it was kind of ... sad but true.  My sister took me to the airport.  I was so nervous I couldn't even think about driving at a time like that.  Also I had a secret fear of driving on the freeway (which Brandon later helped me to overcome LOL). 
Brandon's plane arrived and my sisters and I (yes, there were a few of us) went into the airport to meet Brandon by the Baggage Claims area.  At first, I did not spot him.  But my sisters did.  And they pointed him out to me.  I just about freaked out.  He was more handsome than any picture I had ever seen of him.  And he was SO TALL too.
This is not the picture from the airport, but he had that same kind of look when he saw me.

As soon as I saw him, my heart skipped a beat.  I ran over to him and immediately hugged him... and also I almost knocked him over since I was so spazzy and excited to see him.  It took everything inside of me to not have a mini freakout session right there in front of him.  We got in the car and drove to Brandon's hotel.  As soon as he stepped out of the car to check in, I just kept repeating to my sisters, "Oh my gosh, he is the cutest guy I have ever seen in my life.  Oh my gosh, what if he hates me??? What if I RUIN EVERYTHING!!!?? Oh my gosh he is SO HOT!!!!!!!!!!"  My sisters kindly told me to calm down.  But how could I?  This was my dream guy... on a trip to see ME.  And everything was a little bit too perfect. Little did I know how perfect it would remain....Little did I know he would confess his true feelings to me just a few days later.  But I will save that excerpt for another time.

Alright my dear friends.  I assure you this is not even a partial DENT in our love story.  But I just thought it would be fun to conjure up a few of the great memories of the first time I ever spotted Brandon.  Oh, and... please don't think I am a freak.  Seriously, if you were to watch our lives as a movie, you would understand completely.  Brandon Son is the best thing that has ever happened to me.  I truly love him.  xoxox

~Sincerely, Ashleigh Son

4 comments:

  1. I want to hear the rest of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will be more too come. But I am trying to divide it up since the world can only take so much sap. hehe

      Delete
    2. Me too, Ash! Even though I was there, I don't think I know this story... I love how you write about Brandon. You two are so cute!

      Delete
    3. Hehe.... thanks Kaelyn. I plan on writing it all eventually. :-)

      Delete