Sunday, October 28, 2012

Life Lessons Learned at Church

Hi Everyone!

It seems like Brandon and I were at church all day, and in fact, we were there most of the day due to an extra meeting tonight as well as a baptism we attended.  So I just have church stuff on my mind.  Here are two things we learned today that I believe I really needed to hear:

1) Life is like hiking up a mountain.  Some parts of the hike are very easygoing....like the beginning, where we feel enthusiastic about our new endeavors.  Some parts can be steep, stressful, and straining.  But each step of the way is a new experience that is for our own good, and eventually our goal is to get to the top, where we can enjoy a beautiful view (or enjoy a wonderful life well-lived).  There are more religious or spiritual thoughts I could add to this analogy, but I think you guys get the picture.

2) In our lives, we are supposed to be traveling in a straight direction towards a goal of true happiness.  The more pride we have, the more we deviate from our path/goal of true happiness, and the more lost we will become.  We must try to overcome our pride so that we can keep our focus on what matters most.

It seems like I relate well to analogies such as those above.  I wish I had more thoughtful things to say, but alas, I am a bit tired.  I am really enjoying this blogging experience, and will definitely have more to say when I am more awake. <3 <3 <3 xoxoxox

~Sincerely, Ashleigh Son

No comments:

Post a Comment